Saturday, November 12, 2005

The dreaded "one more hand" syndrome

Just a quickie post from todays session, since I'm new at this poker blogging thing.

After playing for an hour or so, with my girlfriend on my back begging me to leave, I told her that I would play untill I went above $140 or below $120. I managed to do so hitting a set and scoring a nice pot the previous hand and was ready to leave with my $150 when the very next hand....

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RikkiDee [Qd Qc]

Ok, one more hand baby please?

I'll let the hand history speak for itself.
Villan: raises $5 to $6
RikkiDee: raises $9 to $15

(I was in the BB, he was in SB and his oversized raise was not
uncommon with mediocre hands, I had to be ahead and wanted him to pay)

3viL81: folds
Villan: raises $26 to $41

(Uh oh, well, he is now repping a strong hand, but I'm
leaving next hand so whatever lets gamble)

RikkiDee: raises $26 to $67
Villan: calls $10.85 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [9d 6d Th]
*** TURN *** [9d 6d Th] [9c]
*** RIVER *** [9d 6d Th 9c] [9s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Villan: shows [3h 9h] (four of a kind, Nines)
RikkiDee: mucks hand
RikkiDee is sitting out
Villan collected $102.70 from pot

And I am once again a victim to the dreaded last hand syndrome. Gotta love the all in 93s in a cash game.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love the 92 suited MONSTER.

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home