Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Fun Times

A Fun thing I've been doing as of late to train myself for multi-tabling is playing a bunch of little $5 sit & go's at a time. So far I've been able to semi-sucessfully do 6 tables at once. I've done 3 runs of 6 tourneys each. My results are as follows:

1st - 2
2nd - 5
3rd - 2

Nothing spectacular, actually its pretty mediocre, but at least its a profit. I imagine part of the problem is that I'm playing $5 tourneys, where the play is less than stellar and I havn't adjusted to their shitty play. Logic should dictate that I would do better against the $5 crowd than against my regular $30 crowd naturally, but their play is just too erratic for me to adjust playing 6 at once. I should only improve with time.

Anyways, it's something fun I've been doing and it is quite an experience so I would recommend giving it a shot sometime as it's only a $30 investment. The funniest thing is that these $5 games start so quickly that the problem is joining them, you actually have to be really quick. Ahh fish.

Maybe someday I will be able to do 6 $30 tables at once, if I show a profit on the $5 I may start to move up in stakes here since its a pretty quick way to make a few bucks if you can.

An actual advantage for me is that it forces me to play the sexy tight/solid/aggressive style that I always think I am, and not get bored and start to make moves and chase dumbass draws and such, which are 90% of where my losses come from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home