Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Homesick

Jumping from poker site to poker site collecting signup / reload bonus’ is on the surface, the most profitable way to make a poker living.

The theory goes, you play your regular game, making your regular BB/Hour win rate, and once you’ve cleared the raked hand requirement, you get a bonus on top of what you made playing poker. It’s win freakin win-win right?

Well the only problem is, most of these sites that I’ve been playing on have less than stellar interfaces, compared to Pokerstars. Now, Pokerstars’ interface isn’t anything special. It is functional and simple, nothing flashy. But one thing it does have that helps me immensely is the easy use hand history checker. No other site that I’ve played on comes close to it’s functionality. Most other sites just have a small scrolling chat box that you are constantly scrolling around in. It can be very frustrating playing 2+ tables trying to figure out what happened at a previous table. Pokerstars has it right there, in a nice little box, giving you a quick recap on any hand.

Additionally, Pokerstars will usually show you what hand your opponent mucked when they called you and lost. No other site that I’ve played at shows this. This feature is an extremely strong advantage for me. I generally will reread every hand history that happens, just to see how certain players played certain hands. Finding out how they play their draws, their big hands, their weak hands, and so on, is a massive advantage that I can’t live without.

Sure these other sites offer bonus’ while Pokerstars rarely does, but does that bonus add up to the advantage I have over my opponents when I know what cards they are willing to call with and lose? I’m not yet sure, but my stars results have always been strong, while so far, with these other sites, I’ve had a much rougher time with variance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home