Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Letting it go

I'm going to be the first poker blogger that admits to being a donkey. I'm going to do it on a regular basis since I make so many donktified plays. But I imagine if anyone is reading, they would rather read about my bad plays than what I consider to be my good plays. Good plays are ambiguous, bad plays are universally identified.

So here I am, late in the monster 180 person “sit & go” that stars puts on. I’ve been enjoying these of late and can see myself winning one soon as I’ve put up some good numbers so far, but no wins. But this tourney wouldn’t be that win.

(antes and stuff edited out)

(100/200) - 2005/11/16 - 13:37:16 (ET)
Table '15189691 16' Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: JokerDK123 (13841 in chips)
Seat 2: overton (3450 in chips)
Seat 3: BillyGoatGrf (4210 in chips)
Seat 4: RikkiDee (3475 in chips)
Seat 5: lilprog (3246 in chips)
Seat 6: MoreCowbell9 (2160 in chips)
Seat 7: adabj (11890 in chips)
Seat 8: gallo16 (5765 in chips)
adabj: posts small blind 100
gallo16: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RikkiDee [Qd Qc]
JokerDK123 said, "nh"
JokerDK123: folds
overton: folds
adabj said, "ty"
BillyGoatGrf: folds
RikkiDee: raises 400 to 600
lilprog: folds
MoreCowbell9: folds
adabj: folds
gallo16: calls 400
*** FLOP *** [Ks 8h Kh]
gallo16: bets 400
RikkiDee: calls 400
*** TURN *** [Ks 8h Kh] [3c]
gallo16: bets 800
RikkiDee: raises 1650 to 2450 and is all-in
gallo16: calls 1650
RikkiDee said, "jkadrsf"
RikkiDee said, "]aksj;dlfhask;df;etj]opwe tkerg"

(this is my way of saying, "nice hand")

*** RIVER *** [Ks 8h Kh 3c] [4h]
RikkiDee said, "adgl;qdflkasdg"
RikkiDee said, "adfgjkladfj"
RikkiDee said, "l;adf"
RikkiDee said, "jkl;kl"
RikkiDee said, "["
RikkiDee said, "jl;"
RikkiDee said, "jl;asdas"
RikkiDee said, "jl;kasdg"
RikkiDee said, "jl;;JL"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
gallo16: shows [Kd 9c] (three of a kind, Kings)
RikkiDee: shows [Qd Qc] (two pair, Kings and Queens)
gallo16 collected 7200 from pot
RikkiDee [observer] said, "i hate you"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 7200 | Rake 0
Board [Ks 8h Kh 3c 4h]

So that’s that.

Can I explain myself though? Ok, heres the thing, any time someone bets into me after I took the lead preflop, I’m going to be suspicious. In fact almost 90% of the time I take that to be sign of extreme weakness and I will never put you on a good hand if you do that to me. So when this guy calls my preflop raise from the BB and bets into me when the flop comes K8K, I’m never in a million years going to give him credit for a king, since I will always suspect they would check raise/call me with a king in hand. So I just call, thinking in my head I’m way ahead and want him to put more money in this pot. I reraise him on the turn to hopefully get him to call with an 8 or something like TT. Judging by my reaction in text I wasn’t very happy at the time. I guess this goes with the territory of playing 6 tables at once, as I may have been able to get away from this hand if I had been watching how he played.

Moral of the story? Never be convinced that you have someone beat.

Oh, another moral of the story is that a good way to get me all in if you hit trips on a paired board is to bet into me. I think that’s a pretty interesting though, if he had played the trip kings by check/raising or check/calling I would have been more apt to put him on a king and possibly folded. So rather than playing the king in a typical fashion, play it in a weird one, hoping I’ll misread it and you’ll get all my chips. It’s a good thing to realize that you can be outplayed if someone knows your style.

3rd moral of the story is that I’m a spaz and can’t stand losing a tourney, although that’s not much of a moral.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home