Friday, December 02, 2005

Fun with a straight flush

Lets ignore how badly I've been playing at the tables for a minute and go over some amusing hands from the past few days. That should lift my spirits!

First hand

Seat 2: Pinch ($45.20 in chips)
Seat 3: Bobbysan ($72 in chips)
Seat 4: Des1mone ($207.95 in chips)
Seat 5: kcajrekcarC ($48.15 in chips)
Seat 6: RikkiDee ($156 in chips)
kcajrekcarC: posts small blind $1
RikkiDee: posts big blind $2
razinray72: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RikkiDee [9c 7c]
Pinch: folds
Bobbysan: folds
Des1mone: folds
kcajrekcarC: calls $1
RikkiDee: checks
*** FLOP *** [6c Tc 5c]

Nice flop, but it could be better...

kcajrekcarC: checks
RikkiDee: bets $2
kcajrekcarC: calls $2
*** TURN *** [6c Tc 5c] [8c]

Ahh thats more like it

kcajrekcarC: checks
RikkiDee: bets $2
kcajrekcarC: raises $6 to $8
RikkiDee: raises $8 to $16
kcajrekcarC: raises $28.15 to $44.15 and is all-in
RikkiDee said, "tough call here"
RikkiDee: calls $28.15
*** RIVER *** [6c Tc 5c 8c] [Ah]
RikkiDee said, "wish u had more"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
kcajrekcarC: shows [Qh Ac] (a flush, Ace high)
RikkiDee: shows [9c 7c] (a straight flush, Six to Ten)
RikkiDee collected $94.30 from pot

First time I've ever seen anyone loose a ace high flush to a straight flush, glad I was on the good side. Next....

Seat 1: RikkiDee (1855 in chips)
Seat 3: phattonyr (875 in chips)
Seat 4: JustGuessin (1345 in chips)
Seat 5: Multiport (4415 in chips)
Seat 6: sdesch75 (2545 in chips)
Seat 7: LBStone (355 in chips)
Seat 9: playmakern (2110 in chips)
JustGuessin: posts small blind 15
Multiport: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RikkiDee [8c 9c]
sdesch75: calls 30
LBStone: calls 30
playmakern: calls 30
RikkiDee: calls 30
phattonyr: folds
JustGuessin: folds
Multiport: checks
*** FLOP *** [7c Jc Tc]

At the time of this flop I didn't even realize I flopped the straight flush, so I was betting like I had just a 9 high flush. I even remember saying in my head, "I wonder if I'll get a straight flush". Always on the ball I am when multi-tabling.

Multiport: checks
sdesch75: checks
LBStone: checks
playmakern: checks
RikkiDee: bets 100
Multiport: folds
sdesch75: calls 100
LBStone: folds
playmakern: calls 100
*** TURN *** [7c Jc Tc] [6d]
sdesch75: checks
playmakern: checks
RikkiDee: bets 200
sdesch75: folds
playmakern: calls 200
*** RIVER *** [7c Jc Tc 6d] [Jd]

I cringe when I see the board pair

playmakern: checks
RikkiDee: bets 350
playmakern: raises 1430 to 1780 and is all-in

And I know this check raise all in on the river is almost certainly a full house, but I'm too much of a noob to fold. When I call and he shows me his boat I'm devastated.

RikkiDee: calls 1175 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
playmakern: shows [Js Ts] (a full house, Jacks full of Tens)
RikkiDee: shows [8c 9c] (a straight flush, Seven to Jack)
RikkiDee said, "heh great"
RikkiDee collected 3915 from pot
RikkiDee said, "oh wow"
*** SUMMARY ***

When I said, "heh great" I still thought I was beat. I'm such a guppy sometimes.

So there you have it, straight flushes in back to back days. Before those 2 I've only gotten 1 royal and 1 straight flush before in my life. And both times receiving maximum action, beautiful.

1 Comments:

Blogger RikkiDee said...

http://www.hlasek.com/foto/lemur_catta_6743.jpg

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home