Thursday, December 01, 2005

Live Blogging Adventure

Party Poker was nice enough to give me $30 to play with, even though I havn’t made a deposit there yet. And since I’ve had such a rough night at the tables, I decided I’m going to try something I’ve always wanted to do. I’m going to buy in to a low limit with my $30, and try to work my way up to the next buy in level. Once I get to $50, $100, $200 I’ll move up in table levels. I’ll be playing super aggressively with the intent to double up or bust out, you know, tournament style. On top of that, I will be “live blogging” the whole thing, detailing any significant hands. Here we go…

12:09 AM
Party Poker up and loaded. Never really played at this site, having troubles finding the table I want. Ahh they list the NL tables by the max buy-in amount, how convenient. Lets start with $25 tables shall we, 6-max of course, and preferably one with a high avg pot size. I guess $8 is high, lets rock.

12:10 AM
First hand, check raised the big stack with a gutshot and hit, scored a nice $5 pot. Very next pot, hit the nut flush on the river and over bet the pot, and guess what, got a caller. Up to $30.

12:11 AM
Third hand in, got busted trying to run over mr.top pair 7 kicker while I was on a draw, down to $22.

12:13 AM
Wow, my maniacal ways scared off the whole table, down to me and one dude heads up.

12:22 AM
Raised 4bb with 89s preflop, hit the nut straight on the flop, but no action after a pot sized bet, damn. I wonder if people at $25 tables consider table image? Up to $32 stealing pots here and there.

12:28 AM
Up to $37.95 after raising $3(!) preflop with QQ and hitting a set. Too bad it was just against one short stack.

12:38 AM
GG! Raked in a monster pot of $42.50 after hitting two pair, one of them being an ace, who matched up with someone’s AK. Up to $57.50 and I’m off to the $50 tables. Found a juicy $14 avg pot. My official bankroll is $62.50 but only using $50 of it.

12:41 AM
First hand, of course I post since I’m a maniac craving action. I have J7, on a flop of KK8T it is checked to me twice, but I’m up against 4 others still live. I make a pot sized bet, 3 folds and 1 caller. River comes another ten, I make a mighty bet on the river and after some time he folds. Quickly up to $53.15.

12:46 AM
Three hands in, I pick up AJs (clubs). I raise 3bb from first position, 1 caller in the SB and the BB reraises me to $4 (premium pocket pair?). I call as does the SB. Flop comes a fan-fucking-tastic 89T with 2 clubs, giving me an open ended straight and the nut flush draw with 2 overcards. SB checks, BB bets a big $15. I know hes got kings or aces, and I push with my infinity outs, he calls of course, I hit my club and double right up to $103.50! Off to the $100 tables.

12:50 AM
Official bankroll is $112.50, but who’s counting. I buy in to a $34 avg pot game, now we are talking.

12:52 AM
First hand. I decide to call a raise with Q8 of clubs from the SB. Flop is KQx, I check raise the raiser who minimum bet, and follows it with a call. Turn is a J and I bet $10, to my surprise I am reraised. Even I’m not that crazy, I fold. Down to $82 quickly.

12:55 AM
Next hand. I pick up Q9s on the button and raise 4bb, 2 callers. Flop comes with a JTx, giving me the draw. I bet, and get check raised again, I push all in and the stooge who raised me folds. Back up to $92.

12:57 AM
Some gimp raises 3bb and I call with KQ in the BB. Flop is ATT, I check he bets I call. I want him to think I’m slow playing tens (and I could hit my jack), lets hope this works. Turn comes a 6, I check raise him to $30 and he pushes all in. I fold. I guess this is what I asked for. Down to $54.05. I topped up my stack with the remainder of my bankroll. It is now at $68.95. I can feel I’m going down already.

1:02 AM
Someone flops a straight against my TPTK. What can I do? Down to $50. I feel the end is near.

1:03 AM
Well that went well. Same gimp from 2 hands ago raises 3bb, I am once again on the BB this time with QTs, my favorite hand. Flop comes 9TJ. I check raise him all in, he calls. He has KK. I need a K! Damn him. I don’t improve and I’m out.

If I had to do this again, I would establish an aggressive/crazy image early but make sure to eventually make moves with strong hands. I just never really got any at the $100 buy in table. Oh well, lets hope they do this again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

smith your crazy

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo, smithers
that shizz sounds fun...gotta try it!

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home