Thursday, December 01, 2005

To: support@pokerroom.com

Dear Poker Room


What I am requesting is a partial deposit bonus that represents the number of hands I points I have required. Something like $80 as I’m about one fifth of the way to completion but due to a sequence of improbable bad beats I no longer have any money to play. Even if I did have money left, I wouldn’t ever play here again.

I just wanted to try out your site and clear the deposit bonus. I play at many sites and decided to give yours a try. I thought your site may be the one for me. I was wrong. I can’t really describe how I’m feeling right now. There are so many things about your site that upset me. I’ve been playing at your site against my own will for the past 3 days just trying to clear the deposit bonus to leave as soon as possible. Why oh why do you give your players 0.05 seconds to make a decision? Do you realize how hard it is when playing 2 tables no limit to make quick decisions for what could be your whole stack? And is there any reason you can never see the opponents hand in a showdown? All you show (in that pathetically small text box) is the winning “hand”. Not even the winning cards that the winning hand had, just a description of what the winning hand is. Example, if someone wins a hand with “three of a kind, tens” and there were 2 tens on board, I would like to look back and see what their kicker was. But with your terrible software, it simply just says that they had three of a kind. I suppose I could just pay attention and watch, but it’s a very small fix that could really improve things for multi-tablers. And is there any reason you don’t offer 6 max tables? Or very rarely I should say. Sometimes they inexplicably pop up, and other times they aren’t there, sometimes replaced with 7 max (??) tables? What is the problem here? Does it cost you money to open up a new table? Running out of floor space in the virtual poker room?

I also would like to know if the beats I took broke some kind of probability rule, or at least on the verge of it. I know you must have big computers running your site so you should be able to figure out what the likely hood of losing as an 80% favorite 10+ times. Please review my hand history to see if I qualify for some kind of prolonged bad beat jackpot.

And what would really make my day is if I get an auto-response. That would just be so perfect and would sum up my experience with your site perfectly.

Your friend,

RikkiDee



I'm sure one day that will look pretty stupid as it doesn't even seem that funny or reasonable, but I'm so pissed right now that I don't even know what to do.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

likely hood of losing as an 80% favorite 10+ times

Easy.

If p is the probability you will win, and N is the number of times you lost, then (1-p)^N will give you the probability of a series of bad beats.

In your case, p=0.80 and N=10 gives 1.0x10^-7.

You would expect to see this once in 97 million sets of 10 hands where you are 80% favorite.

But you would have to count all of the hands where you are an 80% favorite. If you won any of them then the odds get a lot better.

9:28 AM  
Blogger RikkiDee said...

haha thanks for the calculation. I wasn't 100% serious, but nice to know I hit a one in 100~ million shot.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice letter...10+ bad beats...that's about the worest i've ever heard.
Jo5@y

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home