Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Best value bet ever

How often do you get called bluffing and win the hand?

I've never experienced it before, and probabbly had the best laugh of the year when this happened...

jamiedallair: posts small blind 10
RikkiDee: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RikkiDee [As Td]
Up4Poker: calls 20
DaveyZ49: folds
SPEBillybong: folds
opy1: folds
Solid'N'Sexy: folds
LLL1994: folds
Schwarkman: folds
jamiedallair: folds
RikkiDee: checks
*** FLOP *** [Qs 2s Kh]
RikkiDee: checks
Up4Poker: checks
*** TURN *** [Qs 2s Kh] [5h]
RikkiDee: checks
Up4Poker: bets 80
RikkiDee: raises 80 to 240
Up4Poker: calls 160
*** RIVER *** [Qs 2s Kh 5h] [Qh]
RikkiDee: bets 400
Up4Poker: calls 400
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RikkiDee: shows [As Td] (a pair of Queens)
Up4Poker: mucks hand
RikkiDee collected 1330 from pot

For some reason I decide to check raise the turn, no clue why. I get stubborn and try to take the pot hoping he would lay down a small pair of some sort on the end (kind of a stupid play if he was willing to call the turn check raise). Looking at this hand in hindsight I probabbly should have just checked the river, seeing as if he was a typical opponent, he is going to call there no matter what he has, and if he has a hand like JT or a missed flush draw, I would have him beat anyways. I guess the only thing this bet does is prevents *him* from taking the pot away from *me*. But if someone calls my check raise and I have ace high, I'm not thinking I have the best hand.

Anyways, anyone want to know what he had? Guesses?

Oh one more hand before we go.

I've always wanted to do this, and always told myself if I ever got AA on the first hand of a tourney, I would go all in, hoping some idiot would call with something stupid since everyone on hand one is an idiot. So hey, here I am with AA on the first hand! Only the second time in my life that I've been dealt them first hand. Who wants to guess what happened?

Table '17813757 1' Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: silentdeceit (1500 in chips)
Seat 2: willydills (1500 in chips)
Seat 3: PokerParadox (1500 in chips)
Seat 4: whereismy420 (1500 in chips)
Seat 5: bick31 (1500 in chips)
Seat 6: turtle553 (1500 in chips)
Seat 7: Financial_QB (1500 in chips)
Seat 8: jsoufia (1500 in chips)
Seat 9: RikkiDee (1500 in chips)
willydills: posts small blind 10
PokerParadox: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RikkiDee [Ac As]
whereismy420: calls 20
bick31: calls 20
turtle553: folds
Financial_QB: calls 20
jsoufia: folds
RikkiDee: raises 1480 to 1500 and is all-in
silentdeceit: folds
willydills: folds
PokerParadox: folds
whereismy420: folds
bick31: folds
Financial_QB: calls 1480 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [3d 8c Qs]
*** TURN *** [3d 8c Qs] [3h]
*** RIVER *** [3d 8c Qs 3h] [Qc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Financial_QB: shows [8h 8d] (a full house, Eights full of Queens)
RikkiDee: shows [Ac As] (two pair, Aces and Queens)
Financial_QB said, "gg"
Financial_QB collected 3070 from pot
Financial_QB said, "lol"

Well... it's a good idea in theory! First hand, out! You have to respect someone calling a rediculously oversized all in raise with 88, I mean, what does 88 beat? Even if I have two overcards its a coin flip, why bother? Oh well, I guess I should be glad that fish like this exist for my next AA first hand experience.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess JT.

And is that the UpForPoker from the blog?

6:13 AM  
Blogger RikkiDee said...

Heh I guess it is pretty much an impossibility to guess what he called with, with such limited information on the player. But here it is anyways.

Up4Poker showed [Ad 9h] and lost with a pair of Queens

Amazing, although he almost made the call of the century if I didn't have that ace.

I also highly doubt it was the blogger, since it was a particularily bad play, and it was a $5 buy in game. So I'm guessing no.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home