Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Shut up your face

I need to learn to keep my stupid big mouth shut.

There is something strange about the correlation of times that I post good results and the absolutely horrid day that follows. It’s happened three times now and it’s becoming less funny each time.

Losing $500 in one day is unbelievably hard to deal with. I just sit there and stare at my depleted bankroll, much like how Scrooge McDuck used to stare blankly at his gold vault every time the bad guys figured out a way to steal it. And if you don’t get the reference, then just imagine a sad looking man staring at his computer screen, with all hope and life taken from his facial expression.

I havn’t had a run like this yet, and I just don’t understand why it happened.

The day started off terrible, losing $70 on the first hand dealt in a cash game. Picked up top two pair and lost to a running set, always fun.

Then, I decided to just play sit&go’s, as I have come to the realization that cash games are reserved for good players, which doesn’t include me. So with my first run, I get slapped around for a total loss of $188. Ok, well, let us try another run without the $50 game. BAM! Bitch slapped again for a loss of $165. By this point I’m tilting pretty bad, and decide to write about it – which brings us here.

So I’m going to commit a cardinal poker blogging sin, I’m going to post the beats that took me out. So if you are one of those purists who can’t stand reading bad beats, then click here – I’ll talk to you later. If not, read on and share in my misery.

Seat 1: SVRacer (1510 in chips)
Seat 3: maxover (4190 in chips)
Seat 4: Silverrain (1480 in chips)
Seat 5: RikkiDee (1145 in chips)
Seat 8: Gingy18 (2205 in chips)
Seat 9: prince andre (2970 in chips)
Silverrain: posts small blind 15
RikkiDee: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RikkiDee [Qc Qh]
Gingy18: folds
prince andre: calls 30
SVRacer: raises 150 to 180
maxover has timed out
maxover: folds
maxover is sitting out
Silverrain: folds
maxover has returned
RikkiDee: raises 180 to 360
prince andre: folds
SVRacer: calls 180
*** FLOP *** [Js 5s 3s]
RikkiDee: bets 785 and is all-in
SVRacer: calls 785
RikkiDee said, "wow"
*** TURN *** [Js 5s 3s] [Jc]
RikkiDee said, "i hope you win"
*** RIVER *** [Js 5s 3s Jc] [6s]
RikkiDee said, "nh"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RikkiDee: shows [Qc Qh] (two pair, Queens and Jacks)
SVRacer: shows [9s Ad] (a flush, Jack high)
SVRacer collected 2335 from pot

Yea, so the guy raises 9bb with A9, which is fine, maybe he was just stealing, but when I come over the top, you gotta respect it. Although looking at the size of the reraise, I guess I should have gone bigger. However, it is the flop all in call that really makes me smile. It is definitely in the top 10 of the worst calls that I’ve gone out on, next.

Seat 1: bberard34 (2345 in chips)
Seat 2: Adam Greear (4835 in chips)
Seat 4: RikkiDee (1065 in chips)
Seat 5: fastplayer77 (1915 in chips)
Seat 8: fortune1 (1850 in chips)
Seat 9: vbhokie (1490 in chips)
RikkiDee: posts small blind 15
fastplayer77: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RikkiDee [Qd Qc]
fortune1: folds
vbhokie: folds
bberard34: raises 60 to 90
Adam Greear: calls 90
RikkiDee: raises 210 to 300
fastplayer77: folds
bberard34: folds
Adam Greear: calls 210
*** FLOP *** [5d 8d 6s]
RikkiDee: checks
Adam Greear: bets 180
RikkiDee: raises 585 to 765 and is all-in
Adam Greear: calls 585
RikkiDee said, "oh man"
*** TURN *** [5d 8d 6s] [As]
RikkiDee said, "stay away from him"
*** RIVER *** [5d 8d 6s As] [Kc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RikkiDee: shows [Qd Qc] (a pair of Queens)
Adam Greear: shows [6d 6c] (three of a kind, Sixes)
Adam Greear collected 2250 from pot

Another one that pretty much played itself. At the time I was checking to him since he had been bluffing the shit out of the table all game. And I am clearly not going to fold an overpair here, I’ll let him bluff at it. Well, it worked out well for me I must say. GG.

Seat 1: RikkiDee (2800 in chips)
Seat 2: Gingy18 (2030 in chips)
Seat 4: ipuffallday (5125 in chips)
Seat 9: spunkyrivers (3545 in chips)
spunkyrivers: posts small blind 100
RikkiDee: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RikkiDee [Kh As]
Gingy18: folds
ipuffallday: folds
spunkyrivers: raises 600 to 800
RikkiDee: raises 2000 to 2800 and is all-in
spunkyrivers: calls 2000
*** FLOP *** [6d 9h 4c]
spunkyrivers said, "nh"
*** TURN *** [6d 9h 4c] [Qd]
RikkiDee said, "ugh"
*** RIVER *** [6d 9h 4c Qd] [Js]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
spunkyrivers: shows [Ah Qc] (a pair of Queens)
RikkiDee: shows [Kh As] (high card Ace)
spunkyrivers collected 5600 from pot

Classic suckout, what can I do.

Seat 1: DaWhaleShark (850 in chips)
Seat 2: utgfather (1795 in chips)
Seat 3: RikkiDee (1655 in chips)
Seat 6: burnanturn (9200 in chips)
utgfather: posts small blind 75
RikkiDee: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RikkiDee [Ah Js]
burnanturn: raises 450 to 600
DaWhaleShark: folds
utgfather: folds
RikkiDee: calls 450
*** FLOP *** [2c 6d Ad]
RikkiDee: checks
burnanturn: bets 750
RikkiDee: raises 305 to 1055 and is all-in
burnanturn: calls 305
*** TURN *** [2c 6d Ad] [7d]
*** RIVER *** [2c 6d Ad 7d] [2d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RikkiDee: shows [Ah Js] (two pair, Aces and Deuces)
burnanturn: shows [7s 7c] (a full house, Sevens full of Deuces)
RikkiDee said, "why me"
burnanturn collected 3385 from pot

One of my personal favorites. Just feels so good to get 2 outted after making the right play. Oh not to mention, on the bubble.

Seat 1: SHUASHUA (5875 in chips)
Seat 4: RikkiDee (3580 in chips)
Seat 7: mambreno (2060 in chips)
Seat 9: Watunga (1985 in chips)
Watunga: posts small blind 100
SHUASHUA: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RikkiDee [As Tc]
RikkiDee: raises 400 to 600
mambreno: folds
Watunga: folds
SHUASHUA: calls 400
*** FLOP *** [Ac 7d Ts]
SHUASHUA: checks
RikkiDee: bets 600
SHUASHUA: calls 600
*** TURN *** [Ac 7d Ts] [Qd]
SHUASHUA: checks
RikkiDee: bets 800
SHUASHUA: calls 800
*** RIVER *** [Ac 7d Ts Qd] [3h]
SHUASHUA: bets 3875 and is all-in
RikkiDee: calls 1580 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SHUASHUA: shows [Ks Js] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
RikkiDee: shows [As Tc] (two pair, Aces and Tens)
SHUASHUA collected 7260 from pot

This one I don’t know what to say really. I mean, I always have trouble with these types of strange, out of turn bets. I clearly can’t fold a 1580 bet for a 5.5k pot with a strong 2 pair here, so I figured he either had A3 or a missed draw. Another bubble bustout.

Table '17687505 1' Seat #9 is the button
Seat 7: Roman149 (3120 in chips)
Seat 8: RikkiDee (2095 in chips)
Seat 9: dead$$$333 (8285 in chips)
Roman149: posts small blind 100
RikkiDee: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RikkiDee [Th Ts]
dead$$$333: raises 400 to 600
Roman149: folds
RikkiDee: raises 1495 to 2095 and is all-in
dead$$$333: calls 1495
*** FLOP *** [5d 3s 8d]
*** TURN *** [5d 3s 8d] [2h]
*** RIVER *** [5d 3s 8d 2h] [6h]
RikkiDee said, "heh"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RikkiDee: shows [Th Ts] (a pair of Tens)
dead$$$333: shows [4h 4d] (a straight, Deuce to Six)
RikkiDee said, "not my day"
dead$$$333 collected 4290 from pot

My only place of the day - a third. You can’t be happier getting all your money in with a pair over pair, but yea, meh.

And that isn’t even including the plethora of coinflips I lost, which were too numerous and boring to post. So all in all, I guess it just wasn’t my day. But I have to wonder; are there a lot of these days to come in the future? I don’t think my frail psyche can take it.

Oh lets do one more, this time, one where I made the mistake, sorta. I'll preface this by saying that this was my 2nd last surviving tournament, and like I said I was pretty tiltly at this point. One thing that really really bothers me is when I limp in with a playable hand from the SB, only to receive a big raise from the BB. I would say it happens 60-70% of the time that I limp, but I still don't have the discipline to lay down hands like J9 and A5 to the bb. So I end up limping, then folding a lot, and it really pisses me off. It especially pisses me off since I know at least 90% of the time they are raising with trash, so this time, I decided to "take a stand". Lets see how it worked out.

Seat 1: RikkiDee (1315 in chips)
Seat 3: Rreevdoncu (1390 in chips)
Seat 4: Jay 74 (1780 in chips)
Seat 5: Henke11 (425 in chips)
Seat 6: MiketheKid2 (3445 in chips)
Seat 8: mojoman2000 (2740 in chips)
Seat 9: wisp7752 (2405 in chips)
RikkiDee: posts small blind 25
Rreevdoncu: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RikkiDee [Qc 8d]
Jay 74: folds
Henke11: folds
MiketheKid2: folds
mojoman2000: folds
wisp7752: folds
RikkiDee: calls 25
Rreevdoncu: raises 150 to 200
RikkiDee: raises 1115 to 1315 and is all-in
Rreevdoncu: calls 1115
*** FLOP *** [7c 6h Ah]
RikkiDee said, "you gotta be kidding me"
*** TURN *** [7c 6h Ah] [3d]
*** RIVER *** [7c 6h Ah 3d] [Th]
Rreevdoncu said, ":)"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RikkiDee: shows [Qc 8d] (high card Ace)
Rreevdoncu: shows [Kd 9d] (high card Ace - King kicker)
Rreevdoncu collected 2630 from pot

Sure, I made a dumb play by going all in with Q8. It was tilt induced and I know that. But come on, at least call me with an ace or something.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From my experiance of bad beats, losing my intire b roll of over 500 in 1 day, and long streaks of ass clowns hitting cards all over you at every table I have learned the following things:

1) a good poker can figure out when it's not his day to play, i.e. losing 70 your first hand, or losing 6 S&G in a row. which brings me to my next point you have to know when to quit, you have to use the internet to your advantange you lose a bad hand in cash game sit out! go play a game a War3, read some blogs or go to the store. after all you are most vulnerable to fall into tilt when you are cursed with a bad beat (unless your in a tourny, and you still have chips left)

2) you must show no emotion, the cards have no memory. play a hand like you would asways play it, going allin with Q8 is stupid no matter what your oppenent is holding. there are no excuses other then stupidity

3) dont try to work your self out of the HOLE! this is the most important lesson i think, if you lose a quick 70 bucks dont go looking for hands to recoup your loses, or dont play 2 20 dollar sit%go's then lose them both and immediately play 3or4 20dollar sit and go's after. You need to be able to let your self book a loss because no one ever learned from winning all the time. you lose a fast 200 just book it and get up dont let your self spiral to 400 b/c most of the time you will.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home