Saturday, February 11, 2006

That's hot

I just want to get this down in writing before it dissipates into the poker universe:

I havn’t had a losing day in February.

In fact, I havn’t had a losing day since January 25th.

Now, this may sound like a lackluster achievement, but to me, it’s fucking huge. And not only for my bankroll, but also for my pride. It’s amazing how something as intangible and useless as pride can get in the way of playing good poker. But it does. Being on a winning streak allows you to do the things that you’ve told yourself are the correct +EV plays (ie. risky plays). Being on a losing streak shrinks my balls to the size of my mom’s and I turn into a stupid weak player that just perpetuates the streak.

But of course, I can’t let it get in the way of playing solid poker. There are either two cycles at work here. One being the, “I’m doing well because I’m playing well because I’m doing well” cycle. That’s the one I hope I have right now. But in all likelihood I’m on the, “I’m doing well because I’m getting lucky” cycle. Actually it’s probably a nice combination of the two, since I know I am actually playing a much better turbo SNG game than I was in January. And luck, variance, all that jazz, sure, it’s in there somewhere messing up what should be a perfect poker player, with standard results. So who really knows?

All that can be said is that I’m playing at a 21.3% ROI level, averaging $177/day, haven’t lost since January 25th and my boner has never been more throbbing.

Watch for tommorow’s report:

Winning Streak Snapped by Bad Play
Turns out it was all Luck

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

smith you crazy mother fo, the day will come when luck is not on your side and that day my fiend will be every day after today

HAHAHAHAHA

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home