Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ridiculousness Inc.

Another brag post incoming...

So yesterday I started back to the daily grind of SNG's after about 6 days off and had horrible results losing almost $500. I was feeling sick all day with a cough and then blamed my losses on my sickness.

Today I bought some spray and halls and sucked em down all day, had a shower, ate some cheerios and sat down to try to recoup yesterday's unpleasantness.

First 6 games:

4 firsts, 2 thirds. Profit: $828. Time: 45 minutes.

Next 6 games:

1 first, 2 seconds, 3 thirds. Profit: $481.50. Time: 45 minutes.

That’s right, 12 for fucking 12 ITM. A Ridiculous profit of $1,309.50 within 2 hours of play.

I know it seems like I’m embellishing here. I wish I was. I’ve never gone 12/12 ever in my life, not to mention 5 firsts out of 12 games. Closest I’ve come before was 10/12 and I had only 2 firsts.

It’s pretty funny that yesterday after losing $500 over 30 games and a few MTT’s I was considering that something was seriously wrong with my game. That my time off had messed up my groove. And that may even be true still since 12/12 is still only a 12 game sample size, but I doubt it.

That’s what sucks about my life. I’m so pessimistic about things that even when I do something as good as 12/12 ITM I write it off as variance and don’t take any credit for it at all.

I figure it’s simply efficient to keep a stable headed mind about things in order to keep your game at its peak level, rather than thinking you are some sort of poker god and end up doing stupid shit.

Anyways, enough rambling, I just wanted to pat myself on the back a little bit as 12/12 is something I probably won’t see ever again. Dare I try 6 more?

If you’ve read any posts on this blog you know what I will do…

Oh and if you have time, check out this hilarious poker artictle about folding. I think he has something there...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh, GJ man. that folding post is piss in my pants funny.

wp

OMG this is like my fouth time trying to enter that umb WORD VARIFICATION, some of them are like 15 letters long!

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I recently watched you play poker. I haven't the bank you play at your level, I was wondering if we can talk. So i can get tips of a poker players like you. Those 55 SNG are money for you. Nice job

Scott

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way my AIM is tennisSpaz01@aol.com

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home