Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Vegas motherfucker, Vegas!

That’s right motherfuckers, this motherfucker is going to Las motherfucking Vegas this Friday for a whole motherfucking week!

Now while my second trip to Vegas in my life will unfortunately be sans friends and plus girlfriend, it should still be a good time.

It all started a few weeks ago where my girlfriend who works a day job and is 900% jealous of my sloth-like existence begged me to take her on a trip to somewhere hot. And since I went to Vegas last summer, where it was probably about 500 degrees outside everyday, I said – “there ain’t no hotter place than Vegas!” Besides, what am I going to do on some gay ass Caribbean island for a week with no internet connection?

So I signed us up for a trip to Vegas where we’ll stay at the luxurious Tropicana hotel. Alright so it’s no Bellagio, but it does have a pretty kick ass pool with all the same bullshit you get at a Caribbean resort – palm trees, waterfalls, etc. So I figured it to be the best of both worlds, where she can sit by the pool all day, while I sneak off to the neighboring MGM Grand for some pokehair action.

I’ll definitely have to check out the big $25,000 buy-in WPT tournament that is happening at the Bellagio that whole week. All my favorite sexy pro’s that I watch on the TV will be there and should be quite a spectacle. Maybe I’ll even grow some balls and buy into one of the smaller events ($500 maybe?). But most likely I’ll just be railbitch.

I’ll mostly play 1/2 cash games as the tournament structures from what I remember from my last trip were god-awful. Blinds raising every 4 seconds with 32 total starting chips makes me sad. But if I scout out a good one with reasonable blinds and starting chips I may give it as shot. Other than that I’ll probably end up stuffing my face with $3 steaks and $0 drinks the remainder of the time. Good times.

All is well on the on-line front as I’ve just crossed the $5,000 profit line for the month of March. That is actually above my lofty goal of $4,000/month I had set at the beginning of the year so that’s good! I also just received platinum status at Poker Stars, which really isn’t that big of a difference. For playing that fucking much at their site they should give me more than +50% more FPP points but hey, I’ll take it considering my other options.

I truly feel my SNG game is at a new high and really don’t feel intimidated at the $55 turbo games whatsoever anymore. I recognize a few familiar decent faces, but most are still pure donk’s with $55 to spare. Maybe next month I’ll end up taking a shot at the $100 games, but I doubt it at the moment.

Lastly I finally just bought Sit and Go Power Tools, which is a fucking ridiculously expensive program designed to take the skill out of late game SNG’s and just make it all about unexploitable mathematical edges by pushing all in. I figure I’ve always had a decent grasp on late game push/fold strategy but I still wanted to tighten up any weak holes in my game where I’m either missing out on some marginally +EV pushes or making some marginally –EV pushes. So far I havn’t learned a hell of a lot, but I do realize I actually should be pushing more often with any 2 cards, especially on the bubble. More to come on this once I run more tests on hand histories.

So to my 3 daily loyal fans, I may not be posting while I’m in Vegas so you can take a risk and stop reloading my page every hour for new updates. But I will have my laptop while there so you may get a special out of the Country post.

Hehe, whatever…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

vegas is for chumps.. L Dot is where its at..

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

L dot is home to many, but Vegas is where the money is at...

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home