Thursday, April 13, 2006

March results post - right on time

I figured I should get this post done before, you know, it’s May. And while the first 13 days of April have been total shit with breakeven play rampant, I mustn’t forget the joy that was March.

Looking back at my March goals post I made back at the beginning of the month, I see that as usual I had some lofty (read: unattainable) ones. But Tony Robbins tells me to set goals higher than I can obtain so I do what Tony says. Let’s review the goals and see what really happened.

“March will be different. I've told myself that I will be playing 36 games a day, which should translate to $300~ a day if my ROI stays put at 10% and all that jazz. And $300/day would be nice.”

Total days in March: 31
Total Games Played: 353
Total Buy-In: $21,180
Total Revenue: $26,186.50
Total Profit: $5,006.50
ROI: 23.64%
$/Day: $161.5
Games/Day: 11.4
$/hour: $86.31

Now obviously I didn’t play every day during the month so my x/day stats are off, but I definitely was no where close to my 36 games/day $300/day goal. I actually ended up playing only 18 days out of the 31 available. Obviously I’m the laziest man alive.

Notice that I achieved exactly $5006.50, just over the 5k mark. That isn’t an accident. Once I got to 5k I completely stopped playing because I’m a useless results oriented idiot and booking 5k for a month strictly off SNG’s make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

While March was amazing for SNG results, my cash game and tournament results were less spectacular. In fact they were craptacular.

I played 29+ MTT’s last month. I say “+” because I have a tendency to conveniently forget late night games for “meaningless” buy-in’s. I summoned the courage to play a $150 tourney as well as an $80 and a few $50 MTT’s. I find it weird that I cringe when joining a $50+ MTT yet I play about 5000 $50 SNG’s a day. I guess I just don’t like my chances in the MTT’s yet. I ended up down $339.00 at the end of the month in total. But no fear, my 5k for the month is still intact because I actually managed to make $388.04 in cash games and bonus’ during the month.

My biggest MTT profit was a $615 seat into a WSOP qualifier. I unregistered and sold the W$ for $586. I debated back and forth playing in the $615 game but at the time I was down cash for the month. I’m glad now since that was the only thing keeping up my MTT money sucking pit totals. I’ll be taking more less expensive shots at the WSOP soon enough.

So thems the results. I’m happy. The 23.64% ROI is hilariously good, especially at the $55 turbo games. It sucks that I actually got to experience that heater since my petty ego expects those types of numbers for the rest of my game playing days. I figure I’m somewhere around 10-15% ROI which is perfectly fine for me. I still will need to up my number of games played and stop being such a lazy ass.

My 5 best days in March:

March 23 – Games Played: 12 – Profit: $1,309.50
March 10 – Games Played: 12 – Profit: $913.50
March 29 – Games Played: 18 – Profit: $751.50
March 27 – Games Played: 18 – Profit: $603.00
March 13 – Games Played: 24 – Profit: $589.00

To contrast after playing for 4 days in April, my best day is…

April 10 – Games Played: 30 – Profit: $135.00

April is all fucked up because of the Vegas trip taking away my first week of play, but I’ll try and average 30/games a day from here on in. Since I already know how bad I’m playing in April, I’ll set a realistic goal of BREAKING EVEN for the end of the month. Let’s hope that happens. Oh and less MTT’s, always less MTT’s.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a damn nice March, sir. Congrats.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stars $3.40 stt all-in every hand=can't lose

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home