Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Ramble On

UB Report:

Well, as everyone can see, Lee676 is pretty much dominating the degenerate poker challenge. And yours truly as well as Wpalango have gone busto. For those of you who don’t know, Lee676 is a fellow Turbo SNG player on Stars who enjoys calling my all in’s with K5o on the bubble (haw!). He got his bankroll up by playing a few $5 SNG’s then once up a bunch he decided to take a shot at the $100 6 man SNG. As you can see his results speak for themself.

In a distant 2nd is GirlsRule100, who is by regular standards making a nice run with his (yes his, the fag) roll up to over $100, with a combination of SNG’s and 5/10 cent cash games. Ataros finally came on the scene with an impressive first day, cashing in a 30 man $5 SNG, for a nice total over $40. And while she isn’t dominating the leader board, Kudzy sure is dominating the $1 SNG’s, as she has placed first or second in each of the 6 games she’s played, which is impressive by any standard. Bringing up the rear is mikelee62 who can’t seem to get in a groove playing SNG’s, but hopefully can improve before the week is through.

And I guess we have to talk about the busto brothers. I busted out after never being able to get any fucking thing going at the 5/10 cent tables, constantly up and down. I told myself that I would play the cash games until I was back up to even then switch over to $5 SNG’s to catch up to everyone else, but of course I couldn’t even get fucking even, and finally lost it all with top two vs a turned set, gg. Wpalango went busto with a risky strategy of 2 - $10 SNG’s, and failed to cash in either. Could have paid off big, but it obviously didn’t.

On to my life, those not interested can stop reading here.

After a horrid start to April which began with a devastating trip to Vegas and continued with thousands of lost American dollars online, I have finally gotten back to a normal pattern of income and winning and have gotten myself back to even.

I had to do the unfortunate soul-crushing move down in limits to the $25 games. I did that for two reasons; my bankroll couldn’t handle any more “variance” at the $55 games and I needed to boost my confidence, and what better way to do that than to beat up on my old friends at the newbie limits!

But it still wasn’t working out as planned. I was still experiencing bullshit break even play, and even after 3-4 days at the $25 games I was still deep in the red for the month. Beyond frustrated I continued on, finally seeing some positive numbers late last week, and decided to mix in a few $55 games here and there. I continued gaining momentum and once I was back to where I started losing big time I moved back up to the $55 games full time. Since then I’m up about 1.5k, which brought my monthly total to an impressive broken-even status.

Fast forward to tonight. I was up a few hundred for the day and decided to take the night off. A friend recommended that I play the late night $20 MTT with him. The MTT got about 700 entrants, and with no other distractions I was ready to play. My friend and I did pretty well throughout the beginning stages and eventually both were in the money. I eventually somehow got my stack up huge, via good cards and crazy bluffs (how else to you get a big stack?). Anyways I eventually made it to the final table and we got down to the final 3 and we made a deal based on chip current chip stacks. I scored a sweet 2k by agreeing to it. I was 3rd in chips at the time and 2nd place payout was 1.9k, so I figure I made a great deal. I ended up “third” as we played it out after that but since there was nothing to play for but leaderboard points – something I don’t really care about at this point – I pretty much threw the match.














So with that, I’m up for April. Halle-fucking-luiah. Pretty amazing turn around if you ask me. I hope that means my drought is over, because I don’t think my psyche, walls or keyboard can take any more punishment. It’s amazing how something as intangible as your online bankroll can make you so angry or satisfied. I went through the whole gambit of emotions this month, hopefully I’ll learn from it and take my downswings better when they come around the mountain again.

Thanks for reading, what a weird post.

Oh and there will be a full tourney report tomorrow for those who are interested in key hands, this post is already about 500 words to long.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on turning things around for the month. Each successive trip through the Valley Of Poker Results Despair and back makes it a little easier to handle the next time. Not a lot, but a little.

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gj playa

2:32 PM  
Blogger RikkiDee said...

thanks all, glad I didn't have to turn to the dark side (a real job)

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home