Monday, May 29, 2006

The vagina monologues

So since I’ve gotten back from Vegas my virtual pussy has grown a good 2-3 sizes. I can’t seem to sit down and play a meaningful session without my pussy acting up and telling me to stop. And because I have no job, life or aspirations, I’ve been spending my entire time playing MVP Baseball for the computer because I’m a sucker for baseball games. I had worked up an impressive record of 15-10 with the Jays, good for first in my division when I loaded it up today to avoid playing poker again and to my dismay, all my data was gone.

The obvious question was; what the fuck? And I quickly realized that I had recently contracted a virus somehow and maybe it had erased my data for some reason. How I contracted that virus I’m not sure. Probably from one of the many religious websites I frequent. However, now my data is gone and since I’m not playing those 25 games over again (even though I had signed up for a 120 YEAR dynasty mode) I’m forced back to poker yet again.

I took this time to reflect on my irrational risk aversion for poker.

I consider myself a solid, tight winning player, who rarely takes risks online but has grinded out a decent amount of wins and a good win rate. I often get upset when I lose to bad players, as for some reason I feel I am entitled to their money absolutely, even though I continuously overlook the fact that bad variance for me equals good variance for them and that is what keeps them in my games. Otherwise I would be playing against 9 carbon copies of myself each game, all of us taking turns winning and eventually losing out to the house rake.

I simply can’t imagine being a losing player. I don’t know what I would do. If I was sitting here faced with months of losing activity with dozens of reloads I would throw in the towel. I am the type of person that will give something a try, but when faced with even a small sample size of failure, I’ll move on. I’m not the type to lose lose lose for years hoping to turn it all around and become a superstar, taking enjoyment in all the knowledge and experience I am gaining. Now while I generally give up on things too early before my true potential is considered, I avoid the risk of just plain sucking for life at something, which is a fair tradeoff for me.

So while its funny that I’m avoiding playing right now just to avoid varying degrees of winning, there are people out there avoiding playing because they don’t want to reload another grand off their bank account. So maybe I’ll take this virus that has finished my baseball playing days as a sign that I should get my winning ass back to poker and stop being such a bitch.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To play your tight style you need to be in that aggressive attitude. You have to feel that you can beat the game when you sit down to make that reraise with air against the rock's cbet. Hard to fire the third bullet with the hammer when you can't get fired up for the game.

When I feel in a similar mood (currently) I just play the blogger events and think about my game. That way I play against better players but we are just enjoying putting moves on ourselves.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man play 50 sngs tomarrow, see how you do. DONT STOP till 50 is up...

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home