Friday, June 02, 2006

Goals, moving up, stagnation and the etc..

So my friends spend about 40 hours a day reminding me that I'm the pussiest of pussies by not playing as much as I should. And on one hand they are right, but on the other hand, fuck you.

Ok so here are the stone cold facts.

I've been playing strictly SNGs for 6 months now, with the occassional MTT thrown in for shits n' giggles. I havn't had a losing month yet, and have sustained a +12% ROI at all levels of play (except $6.50 games wtf?). Law of ROI states that the more you play the more you win, so if I follow the law I should make more if I play more...

But I don't. I pussy out on a daily basis. Take this week for instance. Here are my daily results:

Monday: $223.50
Tuesday: $580.50
Wednesday: -$211.50
Thursday: $630.00
Total: $1222.50

Ok so not too bad right? Looks good? Well now lets look at how many games I played to obtain these results.

Monday: 7
Tuesday: 6
Wednesday: 6
Thursday: 6
Total: 25

Pretty pathetic isn't it? If I apply my law of ROI (patent pending btw) if I continued playing at this rate for 25/games a day I would have made $4890.00 in one week! DAMN BITCH!

Well obviously these results are a little on the high side of expectation, the point is clear, I need to play more. I mean, I'm not doing anything anyways, why not make some guaranteed money?

Additionally I need to continue rising in limits. I can't just become stagnant and content to live at the $60s for the rest of my life just because I'm getting by there. I know that I can undoubedly beat the $109s at a very similar ROI rate as the $60s, and therefore make mo money (mo problems?).

So even though I am pretty terrible at creating and maintaining goals set, I think one needs to be established; to reach the $109s by the end of the month. I feel im sufficiently skillled (skill in SNGs? lawl!) to take them on, just insufficiently bankrolled. Back before I was playing at the $60s I told myself to get to $5k bankroll before playing there, which I did. Now $5k (essentially 100 buy-ins) is in my mind the bare minimum to play at the $60s, but I have survived well with that idea. So just to be safe, I'll make my bankroll goal for the $109s $12k. There is no reason why I can't obtain this by the end of the month (current bankroll is $8k), it's just matter of will, motivation and a healthy dose of anti variance potion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home