Monday, June 26, 2006

Heroes in a Half Shell

Alright, back home I am.

I went away for the weekend+1 to visit a friend in Montreal. It has been said that I am “living the dream” in that I have no job and am able to pull in decent monthly cash. And while I am not complaining about my lifestyle (anymore) it unfortunately pales in comparison to my friend’s in Montreal. He moved there with his band and rented a “jamspace” in which they can play as loud and as long as they need to. They have multitudes of gigs and probably are going to become mega-awesome rock stars someday. That my friends; is living the dream.

The weekend consisted of much drinking and women-bashing, and ultimately was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, to even an unmotivated degenerate sloth like me, real life must go on and money must be made. So look for me hitting up the $60 tables this week with force as I am still trying to obtain my monthly goal. Assuming I have a relatively non-“pound me in the ass prison” style week, I should make it.

It’s a funny thing about motivation. I would imagine most poker bloggers start in part to motivate themselves. Lee676’s recent startup attests to this. At first I looked forward to reading it just to compare thoughts and results. But after reading it every day I realize that it has become a source of motivation for myself, simply due to the fact that he and I play an almost identical game, at almost the same playing level. So, thanks lee!

And if you havn’t yet, please do yourself a favor and watch this short Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles flash animation. To warn you it has “adult themes” to say the least and should not be watched in the company of co-workers, children, or your grade five teacher. But it destroys the record for unecessarily hilarious moments in a cartoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home