Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Nothing to see here...

I’ve been chugging along as usual this month, on pace for another standard 5k. I mean, I can’t complain but it can be annoying to see the potential to make so much more, yet fall short every time. I’ve been a pretty good boy as far as playing time goes, averaging 37.6 games/day, with an ROI of 14.5%. I guess it’s nice to be taking in exactly what I should be, with not too many huge up or downswings to deal with for once.

It never surprises me how bad people play at the 60s. I guess it just says a lot about people in general. They like to gambool. They don’t take the conservative route and start at the $6 games and work their way up once their bankroll allows. No, they deposit $600, play 10 games, win one and lose 9, rinse and repeat. They have no concept of long term ROI. They just play for fun, to do something challenging and relaxing. The money has to be meaningful for them or it won’t matter. And hey, I’d be stupid not to take advantage of their ignorance.

Probably the biggest trend that is plaguing me these days is the limp-call all in late game. It generally happens when I have between 6-10BB and I have a hand like 88+, AT+ and there is a loose limper in front of me. I’ll push overtop of them and they’ll cheerfully call with their low pocket pair or their KQo. This play by them is obviously –EV, but the fact that they are so willing to call with their trash forces me to tighten up my pushing standards. But it becomes so temping to push since their limp adds an additional BB to the pot, which adds to my overall EV for a push. I suppose I should welcome a coinflip if the pot is laying me better than even odds for my money, but when you lose those limp-call coinflips, it is a pain heard ‘round the world. These donkeys just don’t realize how bad of a play they are making by doing this. If they would at least raise, they would add so much EV to their move. Now it puts the decision on me. Do I want to reraise with ATs now? Probabbly not, and they’ll take the pot right there. Why put yourself in coinflip scenarios at best?

Anyways, I’ll stop beating that horse.

On a final note, I received my books I ordered from Amazon yesterday. Its definitely one of lifes simple pleasures receiving something you ordered off the internet. I’m halfway through DoubleAs book, and I’ve skimmed through Maddox’s and it looks fantastically-shit-kicking awesome. I also ordered Tucker Max’s book, which is basically just a compliation of his stories on the internet, and of course Harrington on Hold’Em Vol. 3, which should be another great read.

Alright, I gotta get back to work. And by work I mean assembling the ridiculous amounts of shit my girlfriend and I bought from IKEA yesterday. Although it can be tedious at times, there is a certain sense of satisfaction after finishing a unit.

Damn I wish my life was more interesting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

rikki u see that new law passed yesterday that restricks online gambling in the US...no good for the fishes...JP

7:13 PM  
Blogger RikkiDee said...

ah sucks to the law

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The limp call is great. They have set a wonderful trap...and they will suckout no matter what.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

coil the law just passed the house........ still has to pass the senate which won't happen before they break for elections in november so no need to worry till after that. the fishies are takin a summer break tho... just wait till october rolls around!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home