Thursday, August 10, 2006

This is how we do it

I didn't think before I started playing poker, that I could ever handle a variable income. And even though I lost $1415.00 two days ago, I've come to an understanding that shit happens. And sometimes, the variance gods smile at me.

Today was one of those days. Avert thine eyes if thoust detest brag posts.

This is what happens when I run good:













And heres how I did it:












Its easy to make money when you bubble the least out of almost any position.

So thats right, a total of $2724.00 profit today. At one point I had cashed in 12 of 15 games. My boner at the moment is also at an all time high.

I have been kicking serious amounts of ass this month. Not just profit, by the amount of games I've been grinding out every day. I haven't played less than 50 games on any day, which is just sick when I think about it. There have been entire months where I didn't play 50 games in one day.

I'm mostly just happy that I've been able to play through wins and losses, and just play more games.

Next post: Biggest loss ever

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is going to sound like a backhanded compliment, but I swear it really isn't. Congrats on pushing through and earning your true grinder stripes, as back in the day when you were posting about booking profitable sessions and quitting for the day/week/month, I was pegging the odds of you hitting a bad streak of variance and flaming out as very, very high. You could obviously beat the games but I didn't know if you'd be able to beat yourself, as far as getting to the necessary head space where you could grind out set after set after set, getting in the requisite number of hands so that your overall edge would be realized.

So, err, yeah. Congrats, sir. It's got to be a good feeling to see yourself steadily grinding out profits, especially when it's based on working hard, day in and day out, and not just going on a heater and cashing in 14 straight SnGs or hitting a big MTT win, etc.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

smith I bow before you, for I am not worthy

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work smithersssss....Grind that shit...I want to c a 5g day!..haha see u soon buddy!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, you playing sets or continous?

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home