Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Yawn...

Tired from a weekend away, I returned today and vegged out on my computer into the wee hours of the night. Uninspired to play any actual poker, I started up a few random tournaments and watched some freshly downloaded episodes of High Stakes Poker and The Professional Poker Tour. I busted out of a H/L Stud and Fixed Limit (yech) Hold'Em earlyish, but I was hanging around in a random $20 180 man tourney. Oh and by "hanging around" I mean "fucking dominating".















Whats weird is I wasn't overly excited throughout any portion of the whole tournament. Even as I won, I merely employed a quiet fist pump and went along with my business. $1k is nice, but in all honesty, for the 4 hours or so I invested in this tourney, it honestly doesn't seem worth it.

I am a spoiled little monkey. Too many quick turbo games have desensitized me from the highs of MTT wins, especially when winning comparable amounts of monies.

Thinking back a few months, if I won something even as insignificant as a satellite into the $215 Sunday MTT or a 45 person MTT, I'd be on here posting away a 3k~ long post complete with hand histories. And now, I got nothing. No emotion. Even throughout the tournament I was fairly ignorant of what was really going on. I just went into my SNG mode and just fucking killed people. I'd post the hand history but it truly is sad, I'd almost feel bad for exposing their names. The level of play was so far below that of a regular $114 or even $60 SNG that I can hardly comprehend it.

Wow this post is getting really elitist and smug, sorry about that. Tomorrow I'll post some donkey plays I made or something.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what add on do you use other than poker tracker?

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh welcome to the 180man SnG winners CLUB!, now just make a 10+R FT then I'll be on par with my MTT play...
ppahahahh
wp

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sound like a smug elitist, nice $250 an hour though

4:12 PM  
Blogger RikkiDee said...

try winning a real MTT first WP... then you are 10% in my league.

OTher than poker tracker I use Poker AceHUD. Nothing else.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home