Thursday, October 05, 2006

LOL USA

LAND OF THE FREE INDEED!!!

I'm somewhat undecided about this whole gambling prohibition thing. I mean, obviously it is -EV for me since I'm going to be losing a large % of my customers. But since no one is entirely clear on the bill's long term implications, I'm going to reserve my judgement until the virtual smoke clears.

For now, I've been playing a ton and destroying the games. I'm not sure if people are gamboooling it up more now since they feel the end is near, or it's just the sunny side of variance. All I know is that I'm going to keep on keepin' on until the games run dry. Oh and go on a crazy FPP spending spree. I've already bought $3k in Best Buy money, 5 books, a bunch of cheap shit like bags and shirts, portable DVD player, and some Amazon money. Hopefully they can ship it quicker than the 3 months it took last time for my Camera to arrive.

But enough about all that.

If anyone noticed, my awesome football prediction came true. Oh no, not the picks. Just the prediction that I would get them all wrong. I mean, how bad can I be to actually pick all 6 losers against the spread? I enjoy watching football on its own, but I just don't think I can help my myself. I'll try one more round of football picks since I enjoyed putting them on the blog last weekend.

Tennessee (+18) @ Indianapolis

Right off the bat I don't like this spread. I have always been a sucker for betting on the underdog when there are astronomical spreads like this. So my gut here is to take Tennessee. But, they have been smoked twice already this season against Dallas and San Diego, and gave a terrible Miami team their only win. But, while in theory Indy is an elite team, they haven't really been killing teams this year. They've beaten all but Houston by a touchdown or less (Jets, Jacksonville and the Giants). This is close. Manning has made a career of padding his stats by blowing out teams. But he is such a douche. Vince Young has looked pretty unimpressive so far this year, and playing in Indy probably isn't going to help. Lets go with Indy for the blowout.

Buffalo (+10) @ Chicago

I've liked what I've seen from Losman this season. He's this years Jake Delhomme (the 2003 version). He looks tough, energetic and wants to win. The Bills could also easily be 4-0 this year with close losses against New England and the Jets. Yes Grossman has looked good, but other than Seattle they've only beaten Green Bay, Minnesota and the Lions. Seattle sucks anyways. No matter who wins this game, it's going to come down to a field goal.

Kansas City (-3.5) @ Arizona

This spread makes no sense to me. Kansas City ruined San Fran last week. While they are 1-2, they've played good teams in Denver and Cincinnati. Arizona has looked terrible this season. And they are starting Leinart this week, which usually never goes well. When I first read this spread I thought it was -13.5 and thought it was a tough decision.

Now if you want to actually make money, Tennessee, Chicago and Arizona.

The latest episode of South Park blew me away. I would highly recommend watching their latest offering. You can download it here. Probably the funniest episode in many years.

4 Comments:

Blogger Will Palango said...

ugh, you gotta take chi town and arizona man comon, and indy is another obv choice

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would take KC to cover the spread and look at other games to beat on, I might take ten. carruthers

10:59 AM  
Blogger Polymath said...

Tennessee sucks, bet against them all year

9:33 AM  
Blogger AnguilA said...

Hey Rikki, I've reading your blog for a while, and yesterday I found myself in a push or fold situation in an MTT, and I'd like to know your take on my choice...

It's posted on my blog, so if you have the time please stop by. TY!

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home