Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Reflection - Erection?

They simply just rhyme.

Pokerstars finally released their statement about this whole online gambling ban thingy. It is rather brief and can be viewed here. It seems that poker sites are going to take the stand that online Poker isn't gambling and therefore shouldn't be included in this ban. Makes sense to me, lets hope it stands.

And while I want poker to stay indefinitely, a part of me doesn't care. Sure, the money has been great and I'll never stop enjoying that aspect. But I've definitely grown tired of the game to some extent. I rarely log on to play anymore just to play. I used to though. I used to run home and load up 1 table of 0.25/0.50 NL and cream my pants when I doubled up. I used to take pleasure in trying to outplay my opponents. I used to, but now its all just a grind.

I've become a pretty cynical player. It's basically all about the money and not about the game anymore. I imagine myself not playing poker, rather sifting through a matrix of unrelated numbers, trying to arrange them. Or something like that - something that isn't poker.

Sitting down to one table is a foreign concept to me now. I get completely bored and end up forcing the action way too much. I've seen so many terrible plays even at the semi-high stakes that I play and I can't see my opponents as anything but this...

It's sad really, since I've put so much study into this game that I once loved. But like any obsession I have, it dwindles eventually. But hopefully this is just a phase and I'll find a game that rejuvenates me, as in theory I should still love this game.

OH and how about those football picks? That's right bitches, you can count on me for the best guaranteed picks. Just as long as you pick the opposite of me that is. 0-9 in the last 2 weeks, a feat almost statistically impossible. Tune in later this week for more golden picks.

5 Comments:

Blogger AnguilA said...

Hey, thanks for the comments! And keep posting those picks so we can reverse them into big profit ;) ...!

1:27 AM  
Blogger Will Palango said...

smith maybe you should start playing other games once in a while, rather then NLHE, I mean I love 1 tabling 5/10 stud when I’m board, or donking around in PLO, sounds like u need some time off, or maybe start playing some ring games. Sng's are draining, but poker is not about pushing with any 2 on the button, it's about skill and perseverance. You might think you’re the 72o in the poker world right now but I’m sure you’re the AA in life.

Heheh WP.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Joseph said...

smithers...have a play like Negranu..just donk off a few hundred..chase those gutters and belly busters..lol
Pee

11:13 AM  
Blogger PokerSpaz said...

hey, i got a question what 3rd party program do you use.

pokerace..or gametime?

thanks alot

11:19 AM  
Blogger RikkiDee said...

pokerace

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home