Wednesday, October 18, 2006

So like, whats up?

Living they day to day life of a SNG grinder is probably the furthest thing from glamorous. I never take any shots, never play any MTT's or higher stakes cash games. I just sit on my ass and play Sit and Go's, all day and night. But it pays the bills and is probably just as monotonous as any other traditional job.

For this reason I sometimes have little to post about. I mean, there aren't many blogs out there detailing the day to day activities of an assistant manager of human resources, so why would mine be so damned interesting? And I'm not even saying that this blog is inherently more interesting than a HR assistant managers would be. Maybe he or she would have a lot of amusing anecdotes to write about. But I've sure enjoyed writing on this here blog. And I intend to keep it fresh, despite the monotony of my grind.

I recently just read my entire archived blog, back to almost a year ago in mid November 2005. It is pretty amazing how much has changed in a year, and for nothing else, I'm glad I've recorded it in this blog. To anyone who is thinking of writing a blog, on any topic, I'd definitely recommend it. Yes, blogs are gay, and you probably will be made fun of by your real life friends, but hey, fuck them. This is your life.

Ok lets talk about teh poker. I've been running very well since I got back from Vegas a month ago. It's funny that the entirety of my well running has been at the $114s and not the $60s - which is obviously a good thing. But it's also a really weird thing. I mean here are my graphs since getting back from Vegas:

































I mean, I'll take it, but seriously wtf? I know, I know, sample size and yada yada, but seriously WTF??

I couldn't tell you. When I play I load 8 tables up in a way where I have no idea whether they are $60 or $114 when I'm playing them. And it just keeps going. It's gotten to the point where I don't even bother playing the $60s anymore. I mean, why bother? I'm ridiculously over rolled for them anyways and I've been taking a beating in them for the last 500 games. The $114s take a bit longer to start up since not as many people play them, but hey, I think I can afford to be patient if I can continue to run anywhere near this goot.

And thats the other thing. Usually when I'm running good, I notice it. I'm consciously aware that I'm either getting lucky in suckouts or in starting cards. And for this run, honestly it feels like the status quo. Nothing out of the ordinary. Every session still involves me getting angry, throwing things and whining like a little bitch. But each time I end up on top, above the realm of expectation. WTF?

Speaking of results above the realm of expectation - last weekend I made money betting on football. I know, impossible. Well, this month seems to be the month of impossible feats. I did it by betting on one "sure" game. Last week it was Miami @ New York Jets (-2.5). I took the Jets. It looked real good watching the game, as they were up like 500-0 into the fourth quarter, but somehow, Joey fucking Harrington threw for like 342523 yards and 543 touchdowns in the last 3 minutes and almost covered the spread. The Jets ended up winning by 3. Phew. Thats the second time this year that I've bet big against the Dolphins. Easy money?

Ok so I'll try some picks here. This week, I did something I like to do occasionally. I looked at the schedule, and before looking at the spreads offered, I made my own spreads, guessing what they would be. Then I compared them to what the actuals were. Any spreads that are off significantly I will bet on. Surely I know better than the Las Vegas odds makers!

New England (-5) @ Buffalo

I had this one at (-7). A few things working here. One, I take back everything I said about J.P. Losman. He's an inexperienced fish who can get lucky at times, which can make him look good. Against a good defense, he aint shit without a few miracles. Buffalo made it close vs New England on opening weekend, and even though this game is in Buffalo, the Pats have looked stronger each week, while Buffalo has looked worse.

Carolina (+3) @ Cincinnati

I actually had Carolina at (-1), surprised they aren't favoured here. Carolina has won 4 straight, but they sure like to keep it close. The cumulative margin of victory for those 4 games is 15. And they haven't lost since getting Steve Smith back. Now while I don't understand how 1 wide receiver can make that much of a difference, there has to be something to that. Cinci just doesn't look as good as they did last year. They are missing something.

Denver (-4.5) @ Cleveland

I had Denver at (-7) here. Sure, they haven't scored much this year relying on their D to keep it close and praying Jake Plummer doesn't blow it. But I think there offense is due for a breakout 30+ game. Cleveland is the perfect team for them to beat up on.

Minnesota (+6.5) @ Seattle

I had this at +7. Even though that isn't that big of a difference, I still think Seattle has a good chance of killing the Vikes. Minnesota looked fucking terrible their last 2 games vs Buffalo and Detroit. They are much worse then their record says. They should probably be 0-5. Brad Johnston can suck it. I've never made any money betting on Seattle, and even though they barely beat St. Louis last week, I don't see the Vikings giving them any trouble.

As per usual, for guaranteed 4-0 action, take Buffalo, Cinci, Cleveland and 'Sota.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the football spreads
those are soem good calls i would say.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home