Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A typical day...

















Insta +$1k, insta -$1k. Standard.

As soon as I started hot I knew that it wouldn't be sustained. I knew that losses would come eventually, so I thought, why even keep playing?

Obviously I've dealt with these thoughts before and I still haven't come to a clear conclusion. Usually I end the session if I'm in a particularly tilty mood and a loss would send me off the deep end. If I'm in a more docile mood, I'll stick around and donk off the remainder of my profits.

But yesterday, I took a more rational approach. I realized that the losses are going to come, and by not playing and booking a win, I'm just delaying the inevitable. I thought to myself, why not play now, get some shitty variance out of the way, even out that ROI and continue playing?

The point is, I'm going to lose eventually. It's a fact. I've learned that it is a fact through countless sessions. It may not happen in the same day, week or even month. But it all evens out. And the sooner you accept that and just keep playing, the more real dollars you are going to make in the long run.

All of this assumes that you are playing your standard non-tilt game, which can be a fairly heroic assumption especially when you are dealing with $1k swings within hours. But if you know you are in the right mindset to play, just grind it out.

Shit happens, poker sucks. Etc, etc..

In other news I replaced my "old" TV with a 50" Samsung DLP 1080p. Here is a pic of the old 42" LCD followed by the new Samsung.



























Much better.

I opted for the DLP over the LCD as you simply get way more for your $. As far as I can tell, the only advantage of an LCD/Plasma is that it can hang on a wall. Everything else the advantage goes to DLP (size, price, picture quality). I mean this thing is effing gorgeous. I'm getting a semi just looking at that picture.

And since I'm posting pictures today, here is a pic of my "office".














Yes this beautiful area is where I play and post from every day. I need a new fuckin' desk.

1 Comments:

Blogger Will Palango said...

smith I envy you once again,

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home