Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I make it rain

Still playing a light amount this month, which sucks because I'm playing really well. Or running really well - one of those. And since the response on the video was overwhelming, I'm planning on doing another one! Thats right! A NEW VIDEO IN PLANNING!!!!

!!!WOW!!!

As for improvements on the video, I think the next one I'll play just 2 tables, as 4 tables can get confusing to watch as well as commentate on. Also I think I'll be able to get the resolution up for the next one, making it easier to watch.

***

Its kind of sad really, the amount of hours I play in a month. I've been saying it for a year and its still true. I am a pussy. Or I am lazy - one of those. Or both? Yes both.

I could actually be ballin' pretty hard if I played on average 5-6 hours a day. I mean its not hard and I with that extra money I could be making it rain on ho's like it was my birthday.

Ending this short post with a hand I thought was most interesting.

I call it - "LEVELED!"

I made this play specifically because of the opponents involved in the hand. My first opponent "Mid11111" is the epitome of a fish. Basically sucks, can never fold, etc. The second opponent, "skoriy" is a decent player. If you really want to understand the essence of this hand, watch closely how skoriy plays.

Seat 4: mid11111 ( $ 118 USD )
Seat 6: skoriy ( $ 566.55 USD )
Seat 1: tokenblak ( $ 407.25 USD )
Seat 3: Bighoss1111 ( $ 182.67 USD )
Seat 5: pulverkaffe ( $ 199 USD )
Seat 2: B_UN1T604 ( $ 193.10 USD )
skoriy posts small blind [$ 1 USD].
tokenblak posts big blind [$ 2 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to tokenblak [ Qh As ]
B_UN1T604 folds
Bighoss1111 calls [$ 2 USD]
mid11111 raises [$ 4 USD]
pulverkaffe folds
skoriy calls [$ 3 USD]
tokenblak raises [$ 20 USD]

Here I make a squeeze type raise from the blinds. Normally I don't necessarily need a hand as good as AQ here to make this raise, but because I know mid11111 is calling every single raise I make preflop, I need to have at least a decent hand to play. Its mostly an isolation raise as I don't really expect skoriy to call as he can't be that strong.

Bighoss1111 folds
mid11111 calls [$ 18 USD]
skoriy calls [$ 18 USD]

To my surprise he does. He took his time to call, which leads me to believe he has a pocket pair. We are both pretty deep with $400+ each, so he figures if he hits his set, he can make a lot. I know he is a decent player, so he can't have anything more than TT here, as he would definitely reraise the donk with anything better.

** Dealing Flop ** [ Ks, 4c, 4h ]
skoriy checks
tokenblak bets [$ 35 USD]
mid11111 folds
skoriy raises [$ 87 USD]

Pretty safe flop for a continuation bet. The donk folds, and to my surprise skoriy raises. Now since I put him on a pair preflop, I have to continue with my read. There is basically no way he is sticking around with something like KQ or KJ preflop, and AK he would have reraised, so he doesn't have a king (and probably wouldn't check raise it even if he did). So I still have him on a mid pair and is raising as a sort of information/bluff.

tokenblak calls [$ 52 USD]

I took my time with this call, debating between a reraise and a call. I figured a reraise would look too suspicious as the flop is very dry, but it probably still would get him to fold his mid pair. A call here from me, tells him he is beat, no doubt. Now it is just a matter of me betting him off his hand.

** Dealing Turn ** [ Kh ]
skoriy checks
tokenblak bets [$ 80 USD]
skoriy folds

Notice the board reads KK44, so if I have a king, which he truly has to be worried about, I now have a boat. I still am not sure what the best bet here is. I bet like 1/4th of the pot, trying to represent a milking type bet with the nut boat and it worked here. If he didn't fold to this I made it small enough that he wouldn't be pot committed to call my big river bet when I made it. Here is a situation where I try to play it like I would if I had the hand I'm representing, but if he did call my turn bet, I would have to bet more than I usually would on the river for him to fold. Either way, I think he was legitimately scared of what I had, and I just had to blow on the pot for him to fold, but not all opponents play like this.

Its really just an example of playing a level of thinking above your opponents. Here my opponent knew that I could be squeezing preflop and bluffing on the flop, and decided that his pair may be the best hand. I just knew that he knew that, and took it one step further.

Poker can be fun.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if he bets out 100 on the turn u fold everytime....

Wpalango.

11:50 AM  
Blogger RikkiDee said...

correction

if he bets out 100 on the turn I push evertime....

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eff that no way....

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home