Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Someday I will fly again...

All's quiet on the poker front.

I barely play anymore. 1 hour a day maybe if I'm lucky. I'm probably worse than I think at poker but I'm still > avg player skill.

We've been looking at houses this week, which is fun but it gets a bit monotonous. I mean, we have our price range and our general desires, after that each house just starts to look the same. (oh wow it has CUSTOM trim AND a new screen door??? WHERE DO I SIGN!) I know I ultimately care about where I live (for the future sale as well) but right now I could probably pick it out of a hat and just be as satisfied.

And no, this blog won't become a house buying / maintenance blog like scurvys! (not that I still don't enjoy it)

So right now I'm in a kind of wierd place, where I need money badly for the house, but don't want to run bad and lose all of it in the process. Compounded into that is that I'm currently on a sickening downswing/breakeven stretch with seemingly no end. The confidence is approaching an all time low, yet I still play because I needs MONEYS.

Probably not the best laid plan.

In the back of my mind I know I'm just running bad and not playing bad but the front of my mind (aka the money brain side) sees these losses and gets in a shit flinging fight with my rational side. Since my rational side also contains my risk averse side, as well as my non-confrontational side, occasionally irrational monkey thoughts take over.

And when I say occasionally I mean after every lost pot

And here is a diagram describing this phenomenon:










Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home