Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Supdates?

I'm currently living probably the busiest few weeks of my life.

It's no surprise that I put poker on the back burner.

I'm having my "worst" month money wise of all time and I'm pretty ok with that. At least I'm not playing a lot and losing. Hopefully I can get into a schedule eventually.

We pretty much have everything settled up with our new house dealy. Even though I've never bought a house before, I'm pretty sure I got a sweet ass deal. I know living there is going to kick fucking ass, so I'm pretty excited to actually move in. And the best part is, the house is only 6 years old and in complete "move-in" condition, which translates into me not havin' to doafuckingthing. +EV

I predict that owning this house will be good for my poker life as well, giving me extra-extra incentive to play more. Hopefully I get over my cursed laziness with this new found responsibility.

I'm also sort of kind of am starting to take the first steps into getting back to the "real-world" with a "real-job".

Mom and Dad, don't get too excited just yet.

By "taking the first steps" I mean, "barely starting to visualize places of employment in my imagination". Because my residency won't be changing for a while, I can start to figure what types of jobs I should be looking for. And since I'll be living in London, Ontario, aka home of the $15/hour job no matter what you do, my options aren't all that great. But because of poker, its all good baby.

I can afford to take a low paying job for a while, as long as it has a good future and I don't want to suicide myself on a minute basis while working there. And one place that I've always sort of wanted to work even though its kind of fruity and unballa, is at a radio station.

I've always had this weird, unexplainable desire to be on the radio. I actually used to tape myself on my old recorder and play songs like I was some sort of DJ. And I did it a lot. I can be sort of a private, shy, introverted person at times but being on the radio allows me to be more anonymous, and it actually brings out my hilarious awesome side. Sort of how this blog works, except with more awesome.

I just think it would be a fun job, something I could enjoy doing day in day out. And I'm sure there are a ton of shitty little jobs that are involved that I'd eventually tire of, but what job doesn't have those? Ultimately, if it gets me up, and I don't cry, then my job is pretty good.

But since I have absolutely no experience in the field, and have a degree in economics, I really don't know what I should do to get into it. I mean, obviously I could take some sort of broadcasting degree program at some random school, but I mean, seriously, do I really need 2-4 more years of school just to teach me how to fucking talk into a microphone? Just let me like intern or work part time at your stupid radio station - I'll work for cheap - get me some on-air experience - and we'll take it from there.

There, thats my cover letter.

Ship it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHHH....good old radio shows eh smith!...blahahah

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home