Sunday, June 24, 2007

Groove is in the house

I haven't really had consistent, stable access to a computer for a few weeks now, which has severely limited the amount I've been able to play. I have had days where I was able to play, but because I hadn't kept a consistent schedule, it was difficult to start up, so I just didn't.

For me, its all about getting into a groove.

Last year around this time I came to the conclusion that I needed to play more. A year later and I'm still the captain of the good ship lazy. However, in that time last year, I made some significant strides with increasing my daily play time and maintaining it. And for a few months, I was putting in some solid hours, and in turn, seeing some nice results. Everything was going to plan.

Then I hit a sickening downswing, lost a ton of cash and my mind, and shriveled back into minimal, risk-averse play. Losing can seriously fuck with your long term goals.

However, the key point here that I need to keep conscious is the fact that when I actually did get into a groove where I played consistent hours everyday, I made more. This is the most obvious correlation of all time, but it still evades me all the time.

To get back into working, I just need to get into a groove. Any groove will do. I'll start with a small goal, simply playing every day. Thats it, just making sure I log on to internet poker at least once a day for the next week. Thats my goal. Once that happens, I can start to concentrate on the length of sessions. Currently I can't play more than 3 hours without my ADD setting in, but I know I'm capable of 5+ hour sessions. Additionally I need to get multiple sessions in a day, one during the afternoon and one late at night. This strategy has worked for me before and it just takes a little focus to achieve.

I'll also hopefully be posting more as I'll have more poker on the brain this week. So heres to the rejuvenation of this blog and my bankroll. They both have been sorely neglected in the past 2 months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home