Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Paying for motivation

Apparently my "challenge" isn't challenging enough for me. I mean, I sit in front of my computer 14(?) hours of the day, and I can only muster 3 of them for poker. It's pathetic.

I think I need a visit from one of those ghosts that come and take you to see your possible futures depending on what changes in your life you make. You know those ghosts, where are they when you really need one.

I wasn't able to play Friday or Saturday since I was away, and most of the day Sunday, but I still could have feasibly got in a few k hands. Of course I just sit around.

I played a bit tonight, won a bit, here are updated stats.

Hands Played: 5194
Amount Won: $5062.09
ptBB/100: 24.37

Halfway to my "goal", although I still have a lot of bad variance to play through, so I imagine it will take me at least three times as long to get the rest.

I seriously would pay $100/day for someone just to come over to my place and physically force me to play. Because I'm playing really really good, and am probably the best at poker that I've ever been in my life right now. I'd move up in limits if I didn't just cash out my entire bankroll.

Also have been watching the WSOP updates periodically throughout the day. For some reason the WSOP still captures my interest, even though I know I'll never be in it. I guess it is a pretty big event, with every final table member beating essentially unbeatable odds to get there. I suppose thats the draw.

The only person I'm cheering for is Taylor Caby (greenplastic) the creator of cardrunners. He seems like a really down to earth, non arrogant player and I've learned a lot from him. He's already made a small fortune from poker anyways, but I can't think of anyone else deserving of the price. Apparently he made it to day 2 with a decent chip stack. Other than that I don't really want anyone else to win. I despise most other poker players, especially the "live pros" as they are usually way worse than their reputations would dictate.

Ayyways, I'm done once again for the day but I plan (obviously) to play a lot tomorrow, at least 2k hands, which is so stupidly achievable. And I'll goto bed tonight praying for the ghost of christmas future to visit me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home