Thursday, October 04, 2007

A round of shots

I've spent most of this year at 200NL. I've beaten the fuck out of it for 9 months but rarely have I had the cojones or more recently, the cash to move up. I've seen many screenshots of datamined winrates and my numbers are comparable to the highest found online at 200NL.

Basically what I'm saying is its obvious I can beat 200NL and its fucking time to move up.

The sand in the vagina will definitely be a problem, as well as a short bankroll, but I think with some discipline, perseverance and luck I can make the leap this month. And its really not the increase in skilled opponents I'm most concerned with, its the shear real life money that is at stake. Playing 400NL you have to accept having multiple thousands of real life American dollars lost within a session. This is something that will happen, and one has to be mentally prepared for that loss.

Its times like these where I wish I had a "real job" for backup incase of busto. Although even then I'd probably still be worried since the losses would dwarf my income anyways. There really is no way to become comfortable with losing that amount of money until you do it over and over again.

I'm a huge pussy. Thats a given. But even this pussy has come to accept (most) of the swings that come with the 200NL territory. I can easily goto bed knowing I just dropped $800. I might put in a few extra hours the next day, but its definitely not keeping me up at night. I can remember back when I first started, and I had my first day where I lost more than $200. I'm pretty sure I cried myself to sleep that night.

So tonight, I decided to search through the 400NL games, trying to find the fishiest tables. Eventually I found 4 that I could be comfortable at and played for a few hours. The other biggest adjustment for 400NL is that fish still exist, really bad fish, but they are just fewer in numbers compared to the volume of sharks. So once you find a table with a really shitty player, its not uncommon for 4 other sharks to play there, all happy that at least there is 1 fish. At 200NL its not too difficult to find many tables with 2 or more fish on them, so table selection isn't anywhere near as important.

Anyways, here is the results from tonights mini session. Its really really nice to run good when you are taking a shot at the next buyin level.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey I see in the graphs that all the sudden you take a steep climb up the do the usual up down until there is the steep climb. could you please explain what has happened

11:18 AM  
Blogger RikkiDee said...

basically when you see a very steep line on the graph it means i won a gigantic pot

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is nice to see that you only win the big pots and are not loosing them

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home