Monday, October 29, 2007

Superman dat ho - and other related musings

Update:

I ran sick hot at 2/4 this month, and like the dogs dick at 1/2. Conclusion? Always move up to where they respect your raises obviously. Maybe I should go right for 10/20 and test this theory out to the max.

All in all I had a good month though, and with the promising results at 2/4 I can at least consider a full time move there. Although my monthly expenses were astronomical this month so it will be back to 1/2 to rebuild for a while.

In related gambling news, I've also been running sick hot in football bets this year. I'm really not sure what has happened between this year and last where I was like 10-20 on the year against the spread. Actually I do know what happened - nothing. Variance in sports betting is as prevalent as it is in poker, and since the edges you are trying to push in sports betting are significantly smaller (possibly negative ev) the "swings" are much more common.

But I'll enjoy the money for now. This week I went 6-0 which is just an amazing feeling when you watching the games and seeing every fucking god damn score come in positive. I'm 16-3 against the spread this year which is pretty amazing if you consider each bet against the spread a coinflip. But I can't take all the credit for my winning - I have to give it up for the Patriots. Its comical at this point, but I've bet on them every week this year (except once against Buffalo for some reason) and each week they've covered. As a gambler you just have to love a team that consistently goes for it on 4th and 2, while up by 35 points. I'm seriously considering that Belichick is betting on his own team to cover each week at this point.

I'm still planning on riding out this Patriot train for as long as the oddsmakers let me. I'm not sure if you have heard but they are playing Indy this upcoming weekend. The game might fly under the radar in the media but I know I'll be watching. Currently they are only giving up 4.5 points which seems ridiculous even considering how well Indy has been playing. The Pats were one dropped third down conversion away from a win last year in the AFC championship game and they have improved a ridiculous amount in the off season. I'm not going to be shocked if this game is over in the 3rd quarter. I seriously cannot wait to see crybaby Peytons fat baby face crying.

As for poker, you know that other thing I used to blog about - I'm going to try to get some strategy posts going again. Some more "dissecting a hand" and maybe even another video as they've both been pretty therapeutic for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do a nice video please !

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home