Sunday, July 20, 2008

I think I can, I think I can

You know, as shitty as downswings get, they really do test your character. I'd like to think a lesser man would give completely into his emotions, and while there has been a lot of that for me, I think that I maintained my composure as best I could and kept playing through. Its not over yet and I'm still busto but I think I've at least rationalized my fears about my future. I may have also learned that I simply can't play long sessions without losing my entire mind. All I need is 2 daily 2-4 hour sessions with a solid break inbetween to reflect and unwind - no need to run marathons every day - regardless of how tempting it is when losing.

So to sum up my past 2 weeks, heres a garff. Most of this is $200NL with some $400NL and even $100NL sprinkled in. In fact the reason I even stayed alive here was mostly due to some back to back monster +15 buyin sessions at $100NL.


















Hopefully it truly is "over" since 70k breakeven is by far my longest stretch.

8 Comments:

Blogger Malfaire said...

Wow, how many tables are you playing at a time??????

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice work Dees! Holla P...golf this weekend?

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shizzle rikki I thought u lost like 10K...

9:11 AM  
Blogger RikkiDee said...

When I play 400 I generally play 5 tables, but when I move down I try to distract myself from playing too aggressively by playing 12 tables.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Charmalita said...

Well, here's hoping that the train picks up full speed again soon. I think your new strategy and attitude will bring you success.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

post post post?

3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How things going?

7:06 PM  
Blogger Will Palango said...

GIVE ME A POOOOOSSSSTTTTT

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home