Monday, September 15, 2008

Sickness Inc.

These days, poker rarely excites me.

Oh, I get upset still - my anger emotion is still very much in tact. But when I win its like - meh - that was just supposed to happen. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The problem then becomes boredom. I've talked about this before, but a lot of the times to keep myself in the grind and avoiding boredom, I do stupid -EV shit. Shit that I would never recommend doing in a vacuum, but in order to keep my sanity and enthusiasm up I must.

Most of the time it is little things like calling a 2 barrell down with ace high, or calling a 3 bet in position with a suited connector, things that are marginal in the first place. But sometimes I can't help but reaching into my bag of spew, and dump a buyin or two.

Case in point:

Seat 5: tokenblak ( $820.20 USD )
Seat 3: LadySwan_ ( $485.00 USD )
Seat 1: xBORMANx ( $97.90 USD )
Seat 6: spancpot ( $115.82 USD )
Seat 2: Lunixxxx ( $496.00 USD )
Seat 4: adgsfh ( $77.00 USD )
tokenblak posts small blind [$2.00 USD].
spancpot posts big blind [$4.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to tokenblak [ 4s 7s ]
xBORMANx folds
Lunixxxx raises [$14.00 USD]
adgsfh folds
tokenblak raises [$50.00 USD]
spancpot folds
Lunixxxx raises [$118.00 USD]
tokenblak raises [$768.20 USD]
Lunixxxx calls [$364.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7d, Ah, 3d ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ks ]
** Dealing River ** [ 2d ]
Lunixxxx shows [Ad, Ac ]
tokenblak shows [4s, 7s ]
Lunixxxx wins $994.00 USD from main pot

Seat 1: tokenblak ( $412.00 USD )
Seat 5: minraiseking ( $490.50 USD )
Seat 2: vvvvvnh ( $596.10 USD )
Seat 6: SuperTight5 ( $1109.00 USD )
Seat 3: ReteDaPesca ( $406.00 USD )
Seat 4: BluffingNuts ( $400.00 USD )
vvvvvnh posts small blind [$2.00 USD].
ReteDaPesca posts big blind [$4.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to tokenblak [ Qs 5s ]
minraiseking folds
SuperTight5 raises [$14.00 USD]
tokenblak raises [$42.00 USD]
vvvvvnh folds
ReteDaPesca folds
SuperTight5 raises [$97.00 USD]
tokenblak calls [$69.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Js, 7s, 7c ]
SuperTight5 bets [$122.00 USD]
tokenblak raises [$301.00 USD]
SuperTight5 calls [$179.00 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2h ]
** Dealing River ** [ 3s ]
SuperTight5 shows [Jd, Jh ]
tokenblak doesn't show [Qs, 5s ]

Seat 5: jaiden2101 ( $387.03 USD )
Seat 6: pdtspa ( $400.00 USD )
Seat 1: tokenblak ( $473.00 USD )
Seat 3: OMGCAPSLOCK ( $448.60 USD )
Seat 2: Lunixxxx ( $394.00 USD )
Seat 4: DoesK27apply ( $400.00 USD )
tokenblak posts small blind [$2.00 USD].
Lunixxxx posts big blind [$4.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to tokenblak [ 7c 8c ]
OMGCAPSLOCK folds
DoesK27apply folds
jaiden2101 folds
pdtspa raises [$12.00 USD]
tokenblak raises [$50.00 USD]
Lunixxxx folds
pdtspa raises [$98.00 USD]
tokenblak raises [$421.00 USD]
pdtspa calls [$290.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7s, Td, 5d ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6h ]
** Dealing River ** [ 2h ]
pdtspa shows [Kd, Kc ]
tokenblak shows [7c, 8c ]
pdtspa wins $801.00 USD from main pot

You know, I could probably justify these somehow but, honestly, look at them. No justification ever will explain them. But I will tell you, they are damn fun when you win. And isn't that what poker is all about - fun?

But somedays the fun just comes to you. You could be sitting there, minding your own business, trying to ignore your 6 tables as you surf the latest fantasy football stats, when a donk so supreme joins your tables, you just can't avoid having fun.

Last week such an event happened. Its rare to find a player this bad. I mean we've all seen our fair share of donks, calling down with 2nd pair and never folding preflop, but generally when they get stacked they leave the table. Not this guy. Somehow, someway he had a virtually endless bankroll. Party Poker recently added this feature than when clicked, your stack is automatically reloaded to full once it drops below the maximum buyin. It was amazing to see this guy get stacked again and again just to have his stack auto-rebuy in time for the next hand.

My first big score vs him went something like this:

Seat 6: hrthestrup ( $733.70 USD )
Seat 5: tokenblak ( $1307.70 USD )
Seat 3: schmarrer_ ( $1909.40 USD )
Seat 2: LAMANI1 ( $851.70 USD )
Seat 4: Zavadil ( $400.00 USD )
Seat 1: davidross ( $407.40 USD )
davidross posts small blind [$2.00 USD].
LAMANI1 posts big blind [$4.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to tokenblak [ As Ah ]
schmarrer_ folds
Zavadil folds
tokenblak raises [$14.00 USD]
hrthestrup folds
davidross folds
LAMANI1 raises [$40.00 USD]
tokenblak raises [$126.00 USD]
LAMANI1 calls [$96.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8h, 9h, 9c ]
LAMANI1 bets [$250.00 USD]
tokenblak raises [$1167.70 USD]
LAMANI1 calls [$461.70 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 8s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 5c ]
LAMANI1 shows [Jh, Td ]
tokenblak shows [As, Ah ]
tokenblak wins $456.00 USD from main pot
tokenblak wins $1702.40 USD from main pot

As soon as he snap called my reraise preflop I knew it could be an epic pot. My poker playing friend was over and I even predicted so. Sure enough, he donks out HUGE on the flop and since I know he probably isn't folding I just push now. I have to admit the turn scared the shit out of me since thats exactly what he would do with like 78 but I manage to dodge a 7 or Q and I win a 2 buyin pot.

After I won this pot I did a small little jig around the room but I kept it pretty subdued.

This set the stage for the most INSANE HAND OF MY POKER CAREER.

The table was playing super fast, with everyone eager to get a piece of this donks endless roll. Notice the stack sizes of all the players at the table for this next hand:

Seat 6: hrthestrup ( $1092.70 USD )
Seat 5: tokenblak ( $2174.90 USD )
Seat 3: schmarrer_ ( $2727.20 USD )
Seat 2: LAMANI1 ( $458.00 USD ) <- the donk
Seat 4: Zavadil ( $430.10 USD )
Seat 1: davidross ( $789.40 USD )
davidross posts small blind [$2.00 USD].
LAMANI1 posts big blind [$4.00 USD].

Alright STOP. Just notice that I have over 2k at the table, as does another player. I've never played 5 buyins deep ever in my life.

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to tokenblak [ 3c 4c ]
schmarrer_ raises [$14.00 USD]
Zavadil folds
tokenblak calls [$14.00 USD]
hrthestrup folds
davidross folds
LAMANI1 calls [$10.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4d, Jh, 4h ]

Jackpot flop. Now lets call to trap LAMANI1 into doing something stupid.

LAMANI1 checks
schmarrer_ bets [$34.00 USD]
tokenblak calls [$34.00 USD]
LAMANI1 raises [$134.00 USD]

Sweet, another stack for me!

schmarrer_ raises [$2679.20 USD]

WHAT

THE

FUCK?!?!?!?!?!


I mean seriously what the fuck is this guy doing? I've watched this guy take stack after stack off the donk and hes been playing very good. Did he seriously just raise me 5 buyins???? Did he even see me in the hand?? Does he put me on a 4??? Wow I have 15 seconds to make this decision??? Fuck you party!

Now I probably wouldn't have even posted this hand as my "craziest hand ever" if I didn't call right?

***INTERMISSION***
























/***INTERMISSION***

tokenblak calls [$2126.90 USD]
LAMANI1 calls [$310.00 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 9d ]
** Dealing River ** [ Kc ]
LAMANI1 shows [9h, 4s ]
schmarrer_ shows [Ah, Ac ]
tokenblak shows [3c, 4c ]
schmarrer_ wins $552.30 USD from main pot
tokenblak wins $3433.80 USD from main pot
LAMANI1 wins $1373.00 USD from main pot

Wow, sucks to be you buddy. Way to loose 5+ buyins in one hand! Looking back its pretty clear he didn't even consider my stack when he shoved in here. He did it so fast he probably just saw the donks check raise along with my smooth call on the flop (probably also assuming I would never slowplay this deep) and just shoved in for fun with his aces (aka nuts vs the donk). It kind of sucks that the donk woke up with trips here and split some of the pot (sucks even more that we didn't chop it which should happen 40% of the time) but I still walked away with $1250 from one hand. I'm pretty sure I've won more in one hand before but never in this ridiculous of a situation.

















Here's to fun in poker - a rare sighting these days!

Edit - Oh and how about those Pats? You like that guaranteed win? They don't come around often so I hope you cashed in like I did +$500!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey do you play poker any more???

9:54 AM  
Blogger Sebastian said...

Im interested in advertising on your blog(blogpost review), if you are interested please email me, instantbankrollsupport@gmail.com

8:49 AM  
Blogger Will Palango said...

PPOOOOSSTTT PLZ

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still alive?

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home